History of canned food
The word "canned" comes from a word that literally means "to preserve" in Latin. That is, canned foods are products of plant or animal origin that are preserved for their subsequent storage. For long-term storage, not only hermetic packaging is needed, but also the absence of any environmental influence.
The first canning method was invented by the French chef Nicolas Appert. At the end of the 18th century, an amusing competition was held in France. The task of the participants was to preserve food products for as long as possible. Then luck smiled at Apper and dawned on him with a great idea - to pre-boil containers for food storage. Then, through trial and error, the chef perfected this method of storing food and even opened the first grocery store in Paris, which sold exclusively canned food. By the way, it was Apper's technology that provided food for Napoleon's army.
- Sardine (canned) - 150 g;
- Potatoes - 1-2 pieces;
- Carrots - 1 piece;
- Onion - 1 piece;
- Chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- Green apple - 1 piece;
- Mayonnaise - 4 tablespoons;
- Salt - to taste;
- Ground black pepper - to taste;
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
Salad with sardines, recipe
- Wash potatoes and carrots thoroughly under running water, but do not peel. So, as it is, that is, with a peel, put it in a saucepan, fill it completely with water and boil until tender. As you can see, you can cook them in one pan.
Wash the root crops and boil them until cooked along with the peel.
- Hard boil eggs.
Boil chicken eggs.
- We take out the finished potatoes and carrots from the pan and cool completely.
Meanwhile, cool the boiled carrots and potatoes.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
Peel and chop the onion.
- Fry the chopped onion lightly in vegetable oil. It is important that the onion is a light golden color, so it is important not to overcook it.
Now chopped onion and fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Potatoes and carrots have already completely cooled down, peel them.
Clean carrots and potatoes.
- We proceed directly to laying out the salad. We will do this using a special salad ring. If you don’t have one, you can put the salad in bowls, small salad bowls or large glasses, and then serve in portions. Put the potatoes in the first layer, which must be grated on a fine grater. However, if you prefer the idea of grating boiled potatoes on a coarse grater, that will do too.
To decorate the salad, we will lay it out in a molding ring and use finely grated potatoes as the first layer.
- Salt and pepper a layer of potatoes, grease with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Keep in mind that this is best done with the back of a tablespoon pre-moistened with water - so the distribution of mayonnaise will be more even.
Salt and pepper the potatoes, and then smear with mayonnaise.
- Put the fried onion in the next layer. Salt and pepper again, but we no longer put mayonnaise.
Now we spread the browned onion and again spices and mayonnaise.
- Mash the canned sardine with a fork, remembering to drain the liquid first.
Remove the sardine from the jar from the brine and mash with a fork.
- Put a layer of sardines in the salad. This layer does not need to be salted or peppered.
We form a layer of sardine, which is not salted or peppered.
- Peel the green apple, rub it on a coarse grater. You can also grate on a fine grater, but in this case there is a risk that the apple will release too much juice. The apple is lightly peppered.
We clean and rub the sour apple, which we then pepper it and sprinkle with lemon juice. The apple will be the next layer of our salad.
- We rub the carrots not on a fine grater and spread them in the next layer in the salad.
Grind boiled carrots on a fine grater and place in the forming ring with the next layer.
- Salt, pepper and grease with the remaining 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
Salt and pepper the salad again and again grease with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- We also rub the eggs on a grater, but separately the yolks and proteins. First lay out a layer of proteins, a little salt and pepper.
Grate the egg whites and yolks separately. First, we put a protein on the salad, which we do not forget to salt and pepper.
- And the last layer is the yolks. The salad is ready, you can remove the form and serve, and if the salad is planned to be served a little later, without removing the form, put the salad in the refrigerator.
The yolk will be the last layer and decoration of the salad. Now that all the ingredients are in place, you can remove the forming ring and serve!
- Bon Appetite.
The benefits of canned fish
It seems to be no secret that prolonged heat treatment “kills” useful and nutritious substances. And without such heat treatment, when it comes to canning, it is impossible to do. But not everything is so bad, especially when it comes to canned fish. Calcium and magnesium, for example, are not lost at all during the preservation process, but are retained. To be specific, in one hundred grams of ordinary fish canned food contains as much calcium as one glass of milk. It is important to remember that calcium is better absorbed from canned fish. Of course, in this case we are dealing not only with canned fish, but also with other products: eggs, vegetables and fruits, and they also bring considerable benefits to the body.
So, the sardine salad is ready. Try it and you will definitely like it! Delicious, tender, juicy... You can pick up a lot of epithets for this salad, but they are not at all the main thing. The main thing will be your desire to cook it again and again, and KhozOBoz here can only wish you good luck and promise that soon you will find new recipes for salads and other dishes on our pages.