A bit of history
The ancestors of the Russians, even before the adoption of Christianity, were engaged in cattle breeding, so the abundance of meat dishes on their table could be envied from antiquity. At different periods in the development of Russian cuisine, the composition of meat food was different, but definitely, during fasting, any meat was forbidden to eat. However, true meat-eaters managed to cook it, despite all sorts of taboos. At present in Russia, meat reigns on the table at the head of all other dishes.
Truly Russian meat dishes are always distinguished by their special taste, and there are at least six cooking methods. Of these, especially stand out: frying, stewing and boiling. For example, pork dishes are very often prepared according to peculiar technologies, and for a rather long time. Apparently, the reason is hidden in the fact that meat is usually served in pieces for a holiday, and it’s not a sin to do magic in the kitchen for a dinner party. It is this festive meat that we will cook today.
Composition of ingredients:
- Pork steaks on the bone - 3 pieces;
- Kiwi - 1 piece;
- Garlic - 9 cloves;
- Salt and a mixture of peppers - to the taste of the hostess;
- Parsley and vegetables - for serving.
A simple recipe for baked pork in foil
- For cooking pork in foil, we intentionally took meat on the bone. The result will be a surprisingly tasty appetizing hot. Pork steaks are just perfect for frying not only on the grill, but, of course, in foil. We use large pieces, and in a chilled version. For juicy pork in a piece in foil, defrosted meat is not suitable. Also, do not wash pork just before cooking, so as not to create additional moisture.
For cooking steaks, take large pieces of chilled pork on the bone.
- We will stuff the meat with garlic, so we clean it in advance. Divide large cloves in half.
For a dry marinade, peel the garlic and divide the cloves in half.
- In the pork we make deep punctures with a knife. We insert garlic into each cut. Three cloves per piece will be enough.
Using a knife, we pierce the pieces of pork and put a piece of garlic in each. About three pieces should be put into each steak.
- Sprinkle generously with salt.
Salt the meat.
- Season with a mixture of peppers. You can, of course, use spicy spices for meat, but we still recommend leaving them for cooking a regular barbecue. Our dish already contains garlic, and an exotic fruit will also be added. This pair may not “make friends” with all the spices, but garlic and kiwi in meat are in perfect harmony with each other.
It is better to use different types of pepper as spices: allspice, black, chili and paprika, other seasonings will be superfluous here.
- The next step is to pack the pork steaks in foil envelopes. You will need 6 rectangular sheets. We will wrap each piece in a double layer of foil. We take the first piece, turn it over with the stuffed part down into a rectangle. Salt well.
Now we wrap each piece of meat in a double layer of foil. Place each piece on the foil with the stuffed side and salt well.
- Season with a mixture of peppers.
Flavor the meat with the prepared freshly ground mixture of peppers.
- For cooking pork baked in foil, we use kiwi. The acids of this exotic fruit perfectly marinate any meat. Thanks to this, it becomes amazingly tender, juicy and tasty. Peel the kiwi and cut into rings.
For the marinade we will use kiwi and for this we will clean and cut it into pieces.
- Lay the fruit on top of the seasonings on the meat.
Place kiwi slices on each piece of meat.
- Wrap the steak in foil, and then cut off another sheet and wrap it again. We carry out similar actions with each piece, and then leave the meat in foil for 1.5 hours to marinate.
Now we wrap a piece of meat with foil, after which we tear off another piece of foil and wrap it again. This is how the meat will remain marinated for at least an hour and a half.
- We send the marinated meat to a baking sheet, and then to the oven. Baking time in an electric stove is 1.5 hours (at a temperature of 210-230 °). First, we regulate the uniform supply of heat, and 30 minutes before the end of cooking, we switch to the upper heating.
Place the already marinated meat on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for an hour and a half at a temperature of 230 degrees. It is important to switch the oven to the upper heating mode in about 30 minutes.
- Pork baked in foil in the oven is ideal for a festive feast as a main dish. Moreover, thanks to the method of preparation and serving, the meat will remain hot for quite a long time. We bring meat to the table portioned directly in a foil envelope.
Such meat is suitable for both a festive feast and an everyday meal. Meat should be served directly in foil, so it will stay hot longer.
- A prerequisite for serving our hot is chopped fresh herbs and summer vegetables.
To serve the meat, it is best to sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs and vegetables.
Variations of cooking pork in foil:
- A large piece of pork ham marinated in onions and spices, stuffed with garlic and wrapped in foil, and then sent to the oven, heated to 200 ° for 2 hours. Serve the meat to the table, cut into oval slices.
- Cut the pork into small cubes and marinate in lemon juice along with onion half rings, salt and spices. Wrap in foil in the form of bags and bake for 1.5 hours in the oven. Serve to the festive table
portioned - a foil bag separately on a plate for each guest.
What is a piece of pork useful for
Pork, if it is cooked by baking in the oven, as in our case, and even in foil, without the use of fats: vegetable or butter and sauces: mayonnaise, ketchup, tartare, bechamel will have an unusually tasty, tender and healthy meat. The nutritional properties of just such meat are evident. Vitamins of group B, which are contained in a pork steak in a more significant volume than in all other types of meat products, were not destroyed in the foil, and everything was fully preserved. A small 200-gram piece of pork meat baked in the oven in its own juice can be eaten by healthy people several times a week without fear. Our recipe has come to an end. Pork in foil is still very hot and will stay hot for a long time. So invite your friends over and be sure to tell us where you learned how to cook such juicy and healthy meat.