Interesting about pancakes
As folk wisdom says, "they are afraid of pancakes - do not go to the kitchen." By the way, some individuals are afraid of dishes with mushrooms, and they can be understood. But, when it comes to champignons, then all fears must be discarded, because you probably cannot find a safer mushroom. It can even be eaten without any cooking, that is, completely raw! And it's very tasty!
By the way, the word "champignon" from French is translated simply as "mushroom". This is the most popular and cultivated mushroom in the world, which is not surprising at all. Therefore, when someone orders bagged pancakes with mushrooms in a restaurant, there is no doubt that in 99 cases out of 100 there will be mushrooms in these pancakes.
Pancakes themselves are a very ancient dish, and it is not strange that it appears in all sorts of traditions and ancient holidays. For example, the most ancient pancake festival in Europe is the famous British pancake race. Rumor has it that it all began in 1445. Legend has it that one housewife, carried away by baking pancakes, completely forgot about the Maslenitsa service in the church. Having already heard the church bell ringing, the woman ran out of the house in a panic, holding a frying pan with a pancake in one hand, and tying up her bonnet with the other hand. That's how the idea to organize pancake races was born.
- Eggs - 4 pieces;
- Milk - 2 cups;
- Water - 1 glass;
- Flour - 2 cups;
- Vegetable oil - 3 tablespoons;
- Salt - 1/3 teaspoon.
- Fresh champignons - 200 g;
- Bulb onion - 1 piece;
- Carrots - 1 piece;
- Salt - to taste;
- Ground black pepper - to taste;
- Vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons.
Cooking pancakes with mushrooms
- Break the eggs into a deep bowl.
First you need to break the eggs.
- Lightly beat the eggs with a whisk or a mixer.
Whisk the eggs, but not too hard.
- Pour milk into the eggs.
Pour the milk into the bowl.
- Now we pour water there.
- Now add flour little by little, constantly stirring the dough for pancakes so that there are no lumps.
Still stirring the dough, gradually add the flour.
- Add salt. Mix everything thoroughly, making sure that there are no lumps in the dough.
Mix everything very well.
- Now add vegetable oil. In this case, the usual sunflower is perfect.
Pour vegetable oil into the dough.
- Mix everything again. The dough should be homogeneous. Let the dough rest completely for 15-20 minutes.
We send the dough to "rest" for about 20 minutes.
- While the dough acquires the consistency we need, we are engaged in the filling. We have mushrooms, so it is logical that first you need to wash the mushrooms. It is not necessary to clean them if the mushrooms are young. Legs - and they will go into business, that is, into the filling.
We wash the champignons well under running water.
- Next, cut the mushrooms in random order. It does not matter if the pieces are uneven - they will still go into the filling, so geometric accuracy is completely unnecessary here.
Cut the mushrooms.
- Then we clean and cut the onion.
Cut the onion.
- We wash the carrots, peel and grate.
- Pour vegetable oil into a heated frying pan, put the onion there.
The onion is sent to the pan first.
- Then carrots follow there.
Carrots - in a pan with onions.
- Finally, they are accompanied by mushrooms - now the whole company is assembled. Cook the filling for about 10 minutes over medium heat, without covering with a lid.
Cooking the filling for about 10 minutes.
- While the filling is being prepared, we can already start baking pancakes. Pour an incomplete ladle (or full, if the diameter of the pan allows), spread the dough over the pan and fry on both sides until cooked.
Starting to fry pancakes.
- In the meantime, the filling is ready! Salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat.
The filling is ready.
- We lay out the finished pancakes in turn on a flat surface, so that it is convenient to lay out the filling and wrap them.
The first pancake is ready to meet the mushroom filling.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of the pancake.
We put the filling in the center of the pancake.
- We wrap the pancake in the form of an envelope.
Rolling up the spring roll.
- We do similar actions with other pancake products.
We wrap all the pancakes in turn.
- While the pancakes are warm, serve immediately. And if someone did not have time, then this dish can always be warmed up - for this you just need to fry the spring rolls in butter on both sides. At the same time, they will only become more beautiful and rosier!
Pancakes with mushrooms, photo.
So, we have already prepared pancakes with mushrooms. Of course, there are other versions of this wonderful dish. For example, pancakes with chicken and mushrooms, pancakes with mushrooms and cheese, pancakes with meat and mushrooms, and even pancakes with mushrooms and eggs. In general, the field for activity is more than wide.
The benefits of pancakes
Pancakes without toppings usually have a medium calorie content, which does not mean that they can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With pancakes, as with any other flour products, you need to be careful and, if possible, come up with healthy fillings for them. For example, pancakes with mushrooms, the recipe of which we are considering today, are useful for the presence of phosphorus, because according to this indicator, champignons can compete even with fish.