The history of the dish
The Slavic sun god Yarilo gave this popular dish in our country the round face of the sun. Pancakes with milk are the most common variety of this dish. They are stuffed with sweet and savory fillings, baked, fried, served with jams and sauces. From pancakes you can make at least a thousand dishes of Russian cuisine! In this article we will tell you how to cook pancakes stuffed with cottage cheese. The recipe with photos is already in front of you!
- Wheat flour - 170 g
- Milk - 500 ml
- Chicken egg - 3 pcs.
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - 20 g
- Vegetable oil - 50 ml
- Curd - 40 g
- Chicken egg - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 50 g
- Butter - 30 g (for frying)
- Vanillin - on the tip of a knife
- Before you cook pancakes stuffed with cottage cheese, you need to prepare all the ingredients on the table. It is very convenient when everything is at hand - you do not need to look for ingredients and be distracted.
We prepare the ingredients for the pancake dough, put everything on the work surface next to the stove.
- The recipe for pancakes stuffed with cottage cheese in a pan, we start cooking by preparing the dough. In a large bowl with wide edges (for ease of kneading), we drive chicken eggs and add salt and sugar. Mix everything together with a whisk.
Combine chicken eggs, salt and sugar in a deep bowl with wide edges.
- Add about 100 ml (fifth) of milk to chicken eggs, mix with a whisk.
Combine a fifth of the milk with eggs and sugar in a bowl.
- Pour the sifted flour into a bowl with milk and eggs. The flour must be sifted before adding, so there will be fewer lumps in the dough and we will remove the trash that comes across in the flour. Stir with a whisk until a homogeneous thick dough, similar in consistency to dough for pancakes.
Add the sifted flour to the dough, mix with a whisk.
- Add the remaining milk to the bowl. Pour in vegetable oil (leave 1 teaspoon of oil for the first lubrication of the pan) and combine all the ingredients with a whisk.
Add milk and vegetable oil to the bowl, mix again.
- The dough must stand for 20-30 minutes in order for the gluten to stand out from the wheat flour and the dough to become elastic and thin.
Let the dough “rest” for 20-30 minutes.
- Lubricate the non-stick frying pan with vegetable oil with a brush, heat it and pour the dough with a ladle. Rotate the pan so that the layer of pancake batter covers the entire bottom of the pan as evenly as possible.
Pour a ladle of dough onto a heated oiled pan.
- Fry the pancake on each side for about half a minute over high heat (on my electric stove the maximum value is 9, I fry pancakes on 8k). As soon as the dough stops being taken on the finger and the edges are browned, turn the pancake over to the other side and fry for another half a minute.
Fry the pancakes in a pan on both sides for half a minute over high heat.
- Ready pancakes are stacked one on one under a lid of a larger diameter. The lid will help dry edges become soft, perfect for stuffing. Thanks to this, we do not need to grease the finished pancake with butter every time, and this reduces the number of calories.
We stack ready-made pancakes one by one and cover with a wide lid.
- After all the pancakes are fried, we prepare the ingredients for the curd filling. Cottage cheese can be used both homemade and store-bought (it is better to take a product with a fat content of 5-10%). Vanillin can be replaced with vanilla sugar. In [pancakes stuffed with cottage cheese and raisins], raisins or other dried fruits soaked in hot water are added.
Let's prepare the ingredients for the curd filling.
- We shift the cottage cheese into a deep bowl, pour in sugar, add vanilla or vanilla sugar and grind everything with a fork.
Combine cottage cheese with sugar and vanilla, grind with a fork until smooth.
- Separate the squirrels from the yolks and transfer them to a bowl for whipping. Add the yolks to the curd.
We separate the whites and yolks from each other and send the yolks to a bowl with cottage cheese.
- Beat the whites with a submersible mixer or with a conventional whisk by hand. Protein foam should become stable.
Whisk the whites to peaks in a strong foam.
- Gently mix the protein foam into the curd filling from the bottom up.
We combine the whipped protein with the rest of the filling, gently mixing from the bottom up.
- The curd filling turned out to be very tender, even airy. Let's start stuffing right away.
The curd filling is ready, you can stuff pancakes.
- So, everything is ready for us - pancakes and curd filling. Now we will tell you how to stuff pancakes with cottage cheese.
Prepare everything for wrapping the curd filling.
- Spread the pancake with the more toasted side up. Lay on the edge of the pancake in the middle 1 tbsp. a spoonful of curd filling.
On the darker side of the pancake, put a spoonful of cottage cheese filling.
- We cover the filling with a pancake, wrap the edges inward and roll up the roll with tucked edges.
We fold the pancake in any way that you can. You can just wrap the pancakes with a roll, you can fold the envelope.
- From this amount of filling, I got 14-15 stuffed pancakes.
A full pan of pancakes was wrapped in 5 minutes.
- Of course, pancakes stuffed with cottage cheese cannot be eaten in this form, because the filling contains raw eggs. Therefore, pancakes need to be cooked - bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or fry in a pan. I chose the second option. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the pancakes under the lid on both sides over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
Fry pancakes in butter on both sides for 3-4 minutes, covered with a lid.
- So our tasty and healthy breakfast is ready - pancakes stuffed with cottage cheese.
The recipe with a photo told step by step how not just to feed the family, but to enjoy the process of cooking and eating incredibly tasty, thin and juicy pancakes.
Benefits of food
Such a healthy breakfast, like stuffed pancakes with cottage cheese, the photo of which is on this page, is saturated with calcium and phosphorus. Such a breakfast will be very useful for actively growing children, people with rickets, kidney and heart diseases.