History of the dish
Pancakes are a unique native Russian dish that can be prepared from everything that is in the refrigerator. Pancakes are baked on kefir, milk, whey, yogurt and even water. The filling can also be any, the sweet filling is made from cherries, strawberries, bananas or chocolate, but the favorite dish of many is pancakes stuffed with apples. Recipe with photo step by step in front of you.
- Wheat flour - 170 g
- Milk - 500 ml
- Chicken egg - 3 pcs.
- Salt - 0.3 tsp
- Sugar - 50 g
- Vegetable oil - 50 ml
Apple Filling Ingredients:
- Sweet and sour apples - 600 g
- Sugar - 80 g
- Cinnamon - 0.3 tsp.
- Butter - 40 g
- Before stuffing pancakes with apples, we must bake them. I give you a recipe for pancakes that are ideal for stuffing. Thin elastic pancakes without holes are perfectly wrapped and hold any filling, both sweet and not. Prepare all the ingredients for the pancake dough.
We are preparing the ingredients for our dough, weighing the flour, measuring cup - milk
- First, prepare the dough for pancakes. In a bowl with wide edges (to make it more convenient to knead the dough with a whisk), we drive chicken eggs and add sugar and salt. If you plan to make a savory filling, you can reduce the amount of sugar.
Combine sugar, salt and chicken eggs in a bowl, mix with a whisk or blender
- Pour about 100 ml of milk into a bowl with eggs and mix.
Approximately a fifth of the milk is mixed into the eggs
- Add all wheat flour to the dough bowl. It is best to sift it in advance, there will be no lumps in the dough. We mix the dough, it turns out quite thick, like on pancakes.
We add the entire amount of flour according to the recipe to the bowl, knead a rather thick dough
- Pour in the milk again, now everything else. Stir, and the dough becomes liquid. Thanks to this method of kneading pancake dough, we got rid of the formation of lumps if we added a dry flour mixture to milk.
Pour the remaining milk into the bowl and stir
- The last liquid ingredient is refined vegetable oil. Add it to the bowl, whisk with a whisk until smooth for another 1 minute. Thanks to the oil in the dough, you can not lubricate the pan when frying pancakes.
Add butter to the bowl with eggs and cream, mix again with a whisk
- Be sure to leave the dough on the table for 10-20 minutes, it is thanks to this that you can easily remove the first pancake from the pan and it will not tear and will not be lumpy. The dough turned out to be quite liquid, a thin stream flows from the ladle.
The test needs to “rest” on the table for 10-20 minutes
- A pancake pan or a pan in which you fry pancakes - cast iron, Teflon, preferably for the first time grease with vegetable oil or other fat (lard, coconut oil). Pour a ladle of dough into the pan and twist it to the sides so that a thin layer of dough covers the bottom completely, without gaps.
Pour a ladle of dough into a heated pancake pan and spread it over the bottom
- Fry pancakes on each side for 30-40 seconds over high heat (my electric stove has a maximum value of 9, I fry on 7k). When the edges of the pancake are browned, pry the pancake with a fork or spatula and turn it over to the other side. You can not grease the pan, the pancake is well removed.
Fry pancakes on each side for 30-40 seconds
- Then pour the dough into the pan again and fry the next pancake. We put ready ruddy pancakes in a pile, without lubricating anything. We cover with a lid of a larger diameter, thanks to the steam under it, the dry edges will become soft and the pancakes will be easy to wrap.
Put pancakes in a stack under a large lid
- So our pancakes are ready, the first stage is over. Having pancakes, you can immediately start preparing the filling, because we are preparing pancakes stuffed with apples. The recipe for the filling is quite simple, the most difficult thing is to peel the apples, but if the fruits are seasonal, then the peel can not be removed.
Prepare all the ingredients for the apple filling
- Apples are peeled and cut into small cubes. If you like a more pasty, homogeneous filling, then you can chop the fruit on a grater with large holes.
Peel the apples and cut into small cubes
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and transfer the apples into it. Add sugar and ground cinnamon (I have a mill with a mixture for coffee and desserts, in which the main component is cinnamon).
Fry apples in butter, add sugar and cinnamon to taste
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the apple filling over low heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then remove the pan from the heat and let the filling cool down.
Simmer the apples under the lid over medium heat for 10-12 minutes
- Put 1 tablespoon of the cooled apple filling on the pancake.
We spread a spoonful of filling on one side of the pancake
- We wrap the pancake with an envelope in any way known to you so that the filling remains inside.
We fold the pancake with an envelope, wrapping all sides of the pancake inside
- Fold pancakes stuffed with apples in a stack. The filling was enough for 12 pieces, another 8 pancakes were left without filling.
We stack the pancakes in a stack or put them in a container
- So a delicious, beautiful, healthy dish is ready - pancakes stuffed with apples. The recipe with a photo is so simple that you will definitely succeed, because seeing how your family gobbles them up on both cheeks is a real pleasure!
So a delicious, beautiful, healthy dish is ready - pancakes stuffed with apples. The recipe with a photo is so simple that you will definitely succeed, because seeing how your family gobbles them up on both cheeks is a real pleasure!
- Pancakes are ready to eat, but they can be lightly baked in the oven or fried in a pan so that the pancake is slightly crispy and the filling is warm.
Pancakes are ready to eat, but they can be lightly baked in the oven or fried in a pan so that the pancake is slightly crispy and the filling is warm.
Benefits of food
The main benefit of pancakes with apples and cinnamon is their vitamin and mineral composition and useful trace elements, because apples are rich in fiber, and cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and hemostatic properties. This fruit filling significantly reduces the calorie content of pancakes.