In Central Asia, mutton used for stuffing but there are many other options:
- mutton with chicken;
- pork with veal;
- mutton tallow with sugar;
- Beef with pork far etc.
For those who, for whatever reasons, abstain from eating animal proteins, chefs prepare meatless dish with vegetable ingredients like pumpkin, potatoes, cabbage, radish etc. But manti dough, usually referred to as dumplings dough, remains essentially unchanged. Correct manti have the form of rectangles, or the envelopes. But feel free to experiment with shape, it will make your personal manti recipe special.
The origin of manti
It’s thought that originally manti (or dumplings) were made in China and they were called "mantou", which translates roughly as ''steamed bread''. Even today Uighur chefs are considered the best in manti cooking, but we decided to beat them here! Let's try to cook such a dish that will be merely irresistible. We’re going to cook special manti with pumpkin, pork and chicken. Remember the most important points:
- dough should be fresh;
- stuffing of minced meat with vegetables
The list of ingredients:
- 300 grams of pumpkin
- 150 grams of chicken fillet
- 400 grams of pork
- 3 onions
- 1 bunch of dill
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of boiled water
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. of vegetable fat
How to cook dumplings recipe with photos:
- Knead the dough. From the sifted flour shape a pyramid with a hole and add mayonnaise inside which will give a delicate texture.
Sift the flour and add mayonnaise.
- Important! To make kneading process easier, add some warm boiled water.
Now add some little warm water to the dough.
- Knead the the dough by hand for at least 15 minutes, turning it into an elastic lump.
Knead the dough for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, cover with a cloth or cling film, put it in the fridge, and let’s move to the stuffing.
Wrap the dough in cling film and put in the fridge.
- Chop the pumpkin into pieces and book it.
Wash the pumpkin, cut and boil it.
- Mince the meat fillet in a manual grinder. It’s recommended, of course, to chop it but it will not be possible to create a beautiful flower-like shape then.
Meat should be ground in a grinder.
- Finely dice the onion.
Cut the onion into small cubes.
- Transform the pumpkin into puree.
Boiled pumpkin should be transformed into a puree using a blender.
- Combine all the necessary ingredients for further stirring of minced meat, adding salt and pepper.
Now add all the remaining ingredients, including salt and pepper, and stir.
- Divide the cooled loaf into several pieces, which then we will turn into rose petals. You should get amazing manti but the recipe requires a creative approach and great effort.
Dough should be divided into several parts using which we’ll build manti of unusual shape.
- Roll out each piece into a very thin slice. Using knife, cut wide strips, approximately 10 cm x 25 cm.
Each piece should be rolled out into a thin cake, and using a special knife, cut into wide ribbons.
- We spread the stuffing in the middle, gradually spreading it across the surface.
In the middle of each strip, spread the meat stuffing and place it slowly over the entire surface.
- Fold down the middle, pulling the bottom side to the upper edge.
Now add up the strip in the middle along.
- Curl up in a barrel, and fasten the flower.
Now, roll out the piece from one edge to the other and form a flower.
- Spread the dough pieces in oiled pan (for making steam dishes).
Grease the bottom of a special pan with vegetable oil and lay manti on it.
- Build the pyramid and boil the contents for an hour. Average heating mode.
Now, collect the pot (taking into consideration all the rules) and cook manti for an hour.
- Due to the pumpkin filling is really juicy; mayonnaise and no eggs make the dough soft. Here they are, delicious manti dumplings in the form of roses! Carefully spread them on flat plates and serve with greens.
The trick is that pumpkin gives the dish juiciness and mayonnaise makes the dough very gentle and soft. And look at that beauty!
- The incredible look of the dish and amazing juicy taste will definitely cheer you up.
That's all for now. Have a nice day.
Steamed food is the healthiest!
The biological value of steamed dishes is much higher of those stewed and fried. The heat treatment at low temperatures allows to keep all the necessary vitamins and prevent the emergence of harmful carcinogens released during usual cooking.
Manti from our recipe is twice as healthy sue to the high content of a very interesting vegetable component in the stuffing. The vegetable itself is not usually very attractive for eating, especially for men and children, but combined with other ingredients it may give an unprecedented blend of flavors. Can you guess what veggie it’s about? Mr. pumpkin at your service!
Pumpkin is known to be an extremely healthy vegetable:
- The high content of pectin absorbing poisons; carotene (provitamin A); vitamins C, E, group B, and especially such needed in winter, as the D (the sunshine vitamin) - make pumpkin royal vegetable.
- Digestible fiber and potassium, as part of a pumpkin, helps intestine problematic and painful kidneys.
- Vitamin T (carnitine) is able to speed up the metabolism and help to recycle such heavy food as meat.
A person can hardly live without meat (except for vegans) and animal protein is a perfect way of boosting body with energy. Our recipe combines all the healthy ingredients with a safe way of cooking.
To conclude, we’ve got the following:
- Our right manti is a perfect dish in any sense;
- Goes great with healthy diets for both adults and children;
- Helps the elderly and immunocompromised people to compensate for the deficiency of vitamins, trace elements;
- Pumpkin pulp will contribute to the rapid assimilation of proteins and carbohydrates.