The appearance of ravioli
Until now, the exact place where these same envelopes first appeared is a mystery. Whether it was actually the Chinese province of Sichuan, from where the famous Marco Polo brought to Italy the recipe for ravioli, referred to by the then Chinese as huntong - such information is recorded in some book historical publications. Either the ravioli recipe never traveled, but appeared precisely in Italy, because there is evidence that as early as the 13th century they were known in Italian cuisines.
Italians are very sensitive to ravioli, because it is not for nothing that this dish is considered homemade, let’s even say more family, where each family has its own recipe. More than one dish in the world can boast of such a variety of fruit, berry, meat and other various fillings. Classic boiled ravioli combine: the filling of the traditional Italian dairy product Ricotta (Italian Ricotta) and spinach, with a small addition of hard Parmesan cheese for piquancy.
Also, in every modern Italian family there is always a machine for rolling and molds for ravioli, which, if desired, will not be difficult to buy from us. The dough is laid out in the mold, rolled into a thin layer on both sides, and the filling is clamped in special recesses. The variety of shapes (round, square and triangular, etc.) for making ravioli suggests that stuffed pasta is really very popular. Especially designed in the form of an envelope with a carved edge and a cheese center. It is these curly homemade ravioli that we will sculpt, and their recipe was borrowed from an Italian coffee shop.
Composition of ingredients
For ravioli dough:
- Sifted wheat flour - 2 tbsp.;
- Village chicken eggs - 3-4 pieces;
- Refined sunflower oil - 1 tablespoon;
- Salt - to the taste of the cook.
For minced cheese:
- Village cottage cheese - 250 g;
- Cheese with white mold "Castello" - 60 g;
- Lemon zest and iodized salt - to the taste of the cook;
- Parsley greens - 1/3 bunch;
- Egg yolks - 2 pcs.
For cream dressing:
- Village butter - 30 g;
- Parsley - to the taste of the cook.
Cheese ravioli recipe:
- Pre-sifted and mixed with iodized salt, flour is formed on the surface of the table in the form of a high hill. Sifting means: we saturate with oxygen, which makes the dough the most tender. We use iodized salt - we replenish iodine deficiency for the prevention of diseases of the endocrine system.
Sift the flour, mix with salt and lay out a slide.
- Alternately break the testicles and pour into a hole, decorated in a slide with a glass bottom. Important! For kneading dough for ravioli, for every 100 g of sifted flour, 1 medium chicken testicle is used. Our eggs are rustic and large enough that their proportion is slightly reduced.
Break the eggs into the recess in the flour at the rate of 1 egg per 100 g of flour.
- Add a thin stream of vegetable oil. Ideally, this is olive oil, but for lack of it, refined sunflower oil will go.
Now we introduce vegetable oil a little.
- Thoroughly mix all the components, gradually forming into an elastic lump of dough, which we immediately place in a cool place, as they say - to rest. The gingerbread man is cooled, and the filling is prepared ...
Knead the dough by hand until elastic and let stand for about 30 minutes.
- In a clean container, kneading between fingers, we determine the curd. It is good if the curd product is not too dry. Ideally, of course, this is ricotta.
Put ricotta cheese or ordinary cottage cheese in a bowl and rub it until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- We rub a small part of the lemon peel, which will give our ravioli, in combination with other minced cheese products, some piquancy.
Add some crushed lemon zest.
- Grind the parsley - part for the filling, and the rest for the creamy sauce.
Finely chop parsley and put half in minced meat.
- Oh, if you could convey the aroma that combines lemon zest and greens!
Thoroughly mix all the minced ingredients.
- We supplement this peculiar filling with a small part of grated blue cheese, but this is not important.
Optionally, you can also add a little blue cheese.
- Any hard cheese is also great for cheese ravioli. Focusing on the classics, add parmesan if the mold in the cheese disgusts your taste.
Instead of blue cheese, you can use any kind of grated hard cheese, for example, parmesan.
- Carefully separate the egg yolks and send them to a container with cottage cheese and zest contents.
We introduce the egg yolks provided for in the recipe into the minced meat.
- Let's give the stuffing a uniform consistency, if possible, get rid of lumps.
Once again, we mix everything until smooth.
- In the absence of an electric dough sheeter, we will form, as we have, a thin layer of dough with a rolling pin, if necessary, sprinkling with an additional portion of flour.
In the meantime, the dough is already ready. Part of the dough should be rolled into a cake of small thickness.
- Carefully lay out small balls of minced cheese so that there is a distance of at least 4 cm between them in one direction and the other. As you already understood, the ravioli dough recipe is accompanied by photographs showing how to correctly distribute the filling over a thinly rolled envelope blank.
On top of the cake at a distance of 4 cm from each other, lay out minced meat in small portions, as in the photo.
- Lightly pick up the workpiece from the side of the void by the edges and cover the surface with cheese lumps with it. Carefully expelling the air, we blind the two sides of the formation. With the help of a curly knife, we turn two layers and the middle into ravioli.
We cover the minced meat with dough, get rid of excess air and cut the ravioli with a curly knife.
- Leave for a few hours to dry - this is how Italian chefs cook ravioli.
According to the original recipe, ready-made ravioli should lie down a bit to dry.
- We use the method of rapid boiling in well-salted water or broth - i.e. before the ascent.
Cook ravioli in salted water or broth until they float to the surface.
- Using a slotted spoon, we catch our stuffed pasta, letting the liquid drain as well as possible.
Remove the finished product from the water with a slotted spoon and let it drain well.
- Arrange in portions of 13 pieces on a dish and cool slightly.
Now we lay out the ravioli on plates and let cool a little.
- Ravioli with cheese are cooling down - melt the rustic butter together with chopped parsley.
For the sauce, melt the butter and add the rest of the chopped herbs to it.
- It is creamy gravy that is the best dressing option in this recipe. The dish turned out to be unusually interesting in taste, thanks to quivering hands, ready for any culinary experiments.
Pour the ravioli with the finished sauce and serve.
- Bon appetit.
Ravioli Cooking Variations
As for the filling: it can be as varied as the chef has enough imagination. Meat, fish, as well as vegetable, cheese and fruit ingredients, bouquets of various herbs and herbs, spinach, salads and even nettles - all this can be stuffed with ravioli. It is the same with sauces: garlic-creamy, creamy-mushroom, just tomato and just creamy - the variety has no limits in culinary creativity.
About the benefits of ravioli with cheese
What a middle ground - such a benefit! All fermented milk products, and especially cheeses, are the main sources of the most useful element - calcium, and are fully enriched with protein. In our recipe, along with cottage cheese, a small amount of blue cheese is used, which is so rich in amino acids, vitamins, and phosphate salts. Melanin, which protects the skin from exposure to the sun, is formed with the regular consumption of cheeses of this group.
Lemon peel, present in the ravioli recipe, is generally an invaluable product, but it is not known why, it is not used by housewives, but in vain. The antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial action of the zest, when added to food, is undeniable, even in small quantities.
We will not forget that ravioli is still flour food, and we also have lemon zest. Overweight people, as well as those prone to inflammatory diseases of the digestive system, should not get carried away with this category of food, despite the excellent taste and speed of cooking.
In conclusion, we want to reveal the promised secret of Italian ravioli - the dough is always prepared with a large number of eggs, sometimes from the same yolks, and rolled out thinly and thinly. A real Italian will always distinguish boiled fresh dough, kneaded on water alone, from the right one, which means: there should be no savings. Only in this way we get a wonderful and unique taste of stuffed homemade pasta - ravioli!