The recipe for Tenderness salad with chicken was invented during the Soviet Union, but when exactly this happened, and who was the author (and whether it was someone alone), unfortunately, is unknown. But, the Tenderness salad (the recipe with the photo is just offered to you by KhozOboz) is the dish for which you should definitely thank the one who invented it. In fact, it could be anyone, because any housewife at least once in her life, but invented her own salad recipe - all that is needed is a little imagination and products that are available in the kitchen.
- Chicken fillet - 1 piece;
- Eggs - 4 pieces;
- Onion - 1 piece;
- Carrots - 1 piece;
- Hard cheese - 70 grams;
- Mayonnaise - 80 grams;
- Salt - 1 teaspoon;
- Ground black pepper - 1/3 teaspoon.
- Boil the chicken fillet until tender. By the way, in this case, you can kill two birds with one stone and cook chicken broth as well. To do this, add salt, peppercorns (regular black and allspice), bay leaf, onions, carrots and other spices to the water in which the chicken fillet will be cooked. Then we simply take out the finished chicken fillet, and leave the broth for other needs (for example, for making soup).
Boil the chicken breast until tender.
- Finely chop the chicken fillet.
Then cut the finished fillet into cubes.
- Finely chop the onion. You can take ordinary onions, you can use green onion feathers, or you can use red onions, like a HozOboz cook. However, it is worth noting that if you do not plan to serve the salad immediately, it is better not to use red onions, as they release juice during storage and can paint over neighboring foods with a bluish color.
Onion, bulb or green, chopped.
- Pour the chopped onion with boiling water and leave for 10-15 minutes, the bitterness will go away and the onion will acquire a delicate taste. True, if you use green onions, then you do not need to pour boiling water over it.
Chopped onion, if it is onion, pour boiling water and leave for about 15 minutes.
- Boil the eggs hard-boiled, peel them and rub on a coarse grater. Leave one yolk to decorate the salad.
Boil and grate chicken eggs on a coarse grater. Don't forget to leave the yolk for decoration.
- My carrots, peel and rub on a fine grater.
Rub the peeled carrot on a fine grater.
- Also rub hard cheese on a fine grater. You can take Dutch, Russian, that is, any hard cheese that you like.
Smaller rub and hard cheese.
- To prepare the salad, we will use a special salad ring. If you do not have one, you can lay the salad in the form of a dome. Put the chicken in the first layer.
In the forming ring, put the first layer of lettuce half of the chicken fillet.
- Then grease the first layer with mayonnaise, add salt and pepper.
Cover the meat with mayonnaise and sprinkle with salt and spices to taste.
- The next layer is onion. Onions, of course, must first be squeezed out of the water.
Now spread a layer of well-soaked and dried onions, half of the total.
- Then lay out the eggs. HozOboz draws attention to the fact that for the portion of salad that you see, we use half of the declared products, since the size of the salad ring is small. In fact, those products that are declared in the ingredients are enough for two such servings or one in which the layers are repeated.
Place half of the grated chicken eggs. Please note that if you have a large forming ring, you can use not half, but all products at once.
- We also grease the egg layer with mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
A layer of chicken eggs is also greased with mayonnaise and seasoned.
- Next, lay out the grated carrots.
Now place a layer of grated carrots.
- And grease the carrot layer with mayonnaise, also add a little salt and pepper.
Season and grease with mayonnaise a layer of carrots.
- Now it's the turn of the cheese layer - put the grated cheese into the ring.
Next, put a layer of grated cheese into the molding ring.
- And grease this layer with mayonnaise, and again - a little salt and pepper.
Again we use some mayonnaise, as well as salt and spices.
- Decorate the salad with chopped yolk.
Now decorate the salad with the remaining yolk.
- Remove the ring from the salad and serve it to the table. If the serving takes place a little later, we store the salad in the refrigerator and do not forget that salads with mayonnaise have a very short shelf life.
Carefully remove the forming ring and serve “Tenderness” to the table.
Salads are considered healthy food, but not all. Salad "Tenderness", the recipe of which you are currently studying, can hardly be called the most useful due to the presence of mayonnaise, but if you use high-quality mayonnaise or, which is better, cook it yourself, then there will be no problems finding the benefits of this dish. So, the Tenderness salad is ready. As you can see, the lion's share of the time allotted for preparing the salad is spent on boiling the chicken fillet.
The assembly of the salad itself takes place quite quickly, so it makes sense to collect the salad shortly before serving, since there is mayonnaise among the ingredients, and salads with it cannot be stored for a long time - a maximum of several hours. In general, despite the ease of preparation and the availability of ingredients, the salad turns out to be really very tasty and tender, 100% justifying its name. By the way, next time you can add crab sticks - you get the Crab Tenderness salad or the Tenderness with Crab Sticks salad. And if you add prunes, you will get a salad with prunes “Tenderness”, which is also incredibly tasty and no less tender.