The history of the dish
Braised pork in a creamy sauce is a dish that has become famous in France. Later, this delicious meat was cooked in cream and tomato, as tomatoes perfectly soften the meat and give it a beautiful color and slight sourness. Braising is a great way to get tasty, soft and nutritious meat that will appeal to everyone, regardless of age. From an inexpensive piece of pork, you can get one of the best dishes in terms of the ratio of time and financial costs and results.
- Pork (pulp) - 500 g
- Onion - 1 pc. (100 g)
- Wheat flour - 1.5 tbsp. spoons
- Cream fat content 20% - 100 ml
- Tomatoes in own juice - 100 g
- Salt - 0.5 tsp
- Sweet ground paprika - 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper - 0.2 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Water - 200 ml
- Before cooking pork in a creamy sauce with tomatoes, the recipe of which you are reading on this page, we will prepare all the ingredients. Absolutely any pork is suitable for this dish. Of course, if you're trying to stick to a healthy diet, choose meat with little fat.
Let's prepare all the ingredients for cooking pork in a creamy tomato sauce.
- Cut the pork across the grain into pieces about 2-3 cm wide. Fat can be cut off completely and melted in a pan, in this case we do not need vegetable oil and the meat will be fried in this fat.
Cut the pork into cubes 2-3 cm wide.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan (or melt the fat from the lard) and transfer the pork pieces to the frying pan. The fire needs to be strong enough, the pieces must be fried on all sides so that the juice is "sealed" in each piece of meat. At the end of frying, add salt and black pepper.
Place the chopped pork in a heated pan with vegetable oil and fry the meat over high heat.
- Peel the onion from the husk, moisten with water and cut into small cubes, peel the garlic and finely chop with a knife.
We clean the vegetables. Cut the onion into small cubes, finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- Add onions to the pan to the fried meat and mix. Fry the onion together with the meat for another 5 minutes until the onion is transparent.
Add the onion to the meat and fry for 5 minutes together, stirring occasionally.
- Then add ground paprika to the pan. If possible, use smoked paprika, so the flavor of the finished dish will be even more appetizing.
Add sweet ground paprika to the pan.
- Add garlic, bay leaf and tomatoes in their own juice to the pan. You can use fresh tomatoes, without skins and ground with a blender. In extreme cases, use tomato paste, 1 tbsp. spoon.
Add garlic, bay leaf and tomatoes in their own juice to the pan.
- Pour about 200 ml of hot water into the pan so that the liquid covers the meat. Add more salt and pepper to keep the gravy fresh. Bring the meat with the sauce to a boil and simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes. You can add more water as it evaporates.
Add hot water, spices and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour of stewing, the water evaporated a little and the meat became soft and easily broken into fibers with a fork. In goulash, add wheat flour diluted in drinking water (2 tablespoons of flour to 5 tablespoons of water). Mix meat with flour mixture.
After 40 minutes of stewing, the meat became soft, add wheat flour dissolved in water - 2 tablespoons per 5 tablespoons of water.
- Pour cream into the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil and heat the contents of the pan over low heat for another 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
Add cream to the pan, reduce the heat and keep on the stove for another 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the fire under the pan and enjoy the finished dish - the meat has become soft, fragrant, the sauce has thickened slightly and acquired an appetizing red-orange color and creamy texture.
The dish is ready.
- After the pork in the sauce is cooked, we form a portion. As a side dish, you can cook buckwheat or millet porridge, bulgur, boiled or stewed vegetables or pasta. Using a culinary ring, lay out portioned boiled rice, put 2-3 tablespoons of pork in a creamy sauce on top, along with gravy.
Serve with any porridge as a side dish - boiled rice or buckwheat are especially tasty with this gravy.
Benefits of food
Recipes such as pork in a creamy tomato sauce are versatile. You spend very little time, and as a result you get a dish that can feed the whole family! Stewed pork is digested much easier than fried pork, carcinogens and toxic substances are not formed in it. Such meat is rich in minerals - for children, the elderly and nursing mothers, soft, aromatic and tasty pork in a creamy tomato sauce is an ideal meat dish.