The history of the dish
The appearance of pancakes dates back to the pre-Christian era - back in the 5th century BC in ancient Egypt, they baked round sour cakes, the progenitors of pancakes. The first mention of pancakes in Russia was found in 1005 AD. According to legend, the first pancake is nothing more than oatmeal jelly, which the hostess forgot in the Russian oven. He evaporated and fried, and it was in this form that the Russians liked it.
There are a large number of recipes for this wonderful universal dessert, but today we are preparing pancakes with cottage cheese whey. The recipe for making cottage cheese is very simple - heat one liter of milk almost to a boil and pour in 100-150 ml of fresh kefir. Turn off the heat, leave for 10 minutes and then discard the liquid on a fine sieve or cloth, separating the resulting curd from the whey. A translucent yellow-green liquid is whey, an ideal base for making delicious, thin pancakes.
- Milk whey - 800 ml
- Chicken egg - 3-4 pcs.
- Sugar - 60 g (3 tablespoons)
- Salt - 0.5 tsp
- Wheat flour - 320 g (2 cups)
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- Let's start preparing our dessert called whey pancakes. Let's start the recipe by preparing all the ingredients. We will need whey obtained after cooking cottage cheese. Serum can also be bought in a store or market. We lay out and measure all the products, since the preparation of dough for pancakes is so simple and fast that even a child can handle it.
We prepare all the ingredients for making whey pancakes
- We drive chicken eggs one at a time into a glass. I always do this - I beat the eggs one at a time into a plate, and then add them to the dough or to a glass. Thus, we check the quality of the eggs and if one of them is stale, it will not spoil the whole test.
We drive eggs one by one into a glass, checking their quality
- We start preparing delicious pancakes with whey by preparing the dough. Pour the whey, chicken eggs into a large bowl, add salt and sugar. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and sugar dissolves.
Pour whey, eggs into a bowl, add sugar and salt. Stir
- Pour 1 cup of flour into a bowl with future dough. Stir it into the liquid with a whisk, breaking up any lumps. Add the second glass in the same way. The flour may take a little more or less, it depends on its moisture content and the size of the chicken eggs.
Add wheat flour and mix with a whisk until smooth
- Lastly, add vegetable oil to the dough. Oil gives the dough elasticity and, moreover, the need to lubricate the pan is eliminated if the dough contains vegetable oil. Mix the dough with a whisk until a homogeneous consistency.
Last add oil and mix again
- We don’t immediately bake pancakes on whey from cottage cheese, the dough must stand on the table for 10-15 minutes. During this time, gluten will stand out from wheat flour and pancakes will not tear when frying, even the first one will not be lumpy). The consistency of the dough is quite liquid, it flows from a spoon in a thin stream.
We leave the dough to stand for 10-15 minutes before baking pancakes
- We heat the pan well. It is important to choose the right pan for baking pancakes - it should be with a thick bottom (ideally cast iron), you can initially grease the pan with vegetable oil. In the future, this will no longer be necessary. Pour 1 ladleful of dough into the preheated pan and turn the pan to spread the dough over the entire surface of the bottom. Fry the pancake over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
Pour 1 ladle of dough onto a heated, oiled pan and fry the pancake on one side for 3-4 minutes
- With a spatula, pry the dough along the edge of the bottom and turn the pancake over to the other side. Fry the pancake for 1 more minute. If you have several suitable pans, baking pancakes can be accelerated.
We grind all the ingredients between the palms into crumbs
- Fold the pancakes one by one on a wide plate. Under the influence of the temperature of the upper pancake, the lower pancake is cooked and becomes soft and tender.
We stack ready-made pancakes and fry the next portion
- In a frying pan with a diameter of 24 cm, about 30 pieces of pancakes were obtained from the indicated amount of ingredients.
Here is a stack of pancakes obtained from 800 ml of whey
- We prepared pancakes for whey step by step, and once again we were convinced that delicious dishes are not necessarily complex and time-consuming. Simple recipes from simple products - this is real home cooking. Decorate a plate of pancakes with fresh mint and serve.
Perfect pancakes can be made even more delicious - your favorite jam, condensed milk or honey will come to the rescue
Benefits of food
Whey pancakes, the recipe with a photo of which you just read, contain a large amount of carbohydrates and help to quickly satisfy hunger, invigorate the body and increase its vitality.