The history of the dish
Back in the 5th century BC, the ancient Egyptians baked sour cakes on stones, vaguely reminiscent of modern pancakes. And in ancient China, the stuffing was wrapped in thin rice cakes and served like that. The word "pancake" is of Ukrainian origin, because on the "mlyny" (Russian mill) they ground flour, turning it from grains by grinding them in stone millstones. Today, pancakes are widespread in Slavic cuisine, they have a large number of types and ways of serving.
- Wheat flour - 300 g
- Unsweetened yogurt - 800 ml
- Boiling water - 100 ml
- Chicken egg - 4 pcs.
- Salt - 0.3 tsp
- Sugar - 50 g
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons
- Soda - 0.5 tsp.
- Vanilla sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Before we start cooking pancakes on drinking yogurt, we will prepare all the ingredients for the dough. Standard dough for pancakes is best prepared from room temperature products, so it will “take” less flour and the pancakes will be thinner. Therefore, we will take out all the products from the refrigerator in advance.
We prepare everything for the test, we take food from the refrigerator to the table in advance
- Cooking dough for dessert pancakes on yogurt. The recipe is similar to all pancake recipes that are on the network, so there will be no difficulties here. Combine liquid ingredients in a deep bowl - unsweetened yogurt and chicken eggs. I recommend introducing eggs one at a time, before breaking them into a cup. So, if you come across a stale egg, you save the rest of the ingredients.
Combine eggs and unsweetened yogurt in a bowl
- We introduce vanilla and regular sugar into the mass of yogurt and eggs, add salt, soda. I add salt to all types of baking, where there are dairy or sour-milk products, it makes the taste of dishes brighter, more expressive.
We combine wheat flour with a pinch of salt and sugar
- Be sure to sift wheat flour before adding it to the dough. Those who often work with dough do it automatically, because after this simple procedure, the dough in the products is more airy and loose. Add flour and stir it into the dough with a whisk.
Add the sifted flour to the bowl and mix with a whisk by hand or a blender
- Pour 100 ml of boiling water into the dough for pancakes on drinking yogurt. The recipe contains boiling water, as it will lightly boil the wheat flour and make the dough thicker, so we will avoid adding additional flour and the pancakes will be thinner, airier and less nutritious.
Add 100 ml of boiling water to the dough, mix.
- The last liquid ingredient is sunflower oil (can be replaced with olive or coconut oil). In order not to grease the pan every time, add refined vegetable oil immediately to the dough and mix.
Add the butter to the bowl with the dough and mix again with a whisk
- Another secret - we definitely let the dough stand on the table, about 20 minutes. The elasticity of the pancakes will be much better and the proverbial first pancake will not be lumpy, as the flour will release the gluten and combine all the ingredients into a velvety, creamy pancake dough.
We let the dough stand for about 20 minutes to increase elasticity and we get thin pancakes on yogurt
- The first pancake should be baked in a well-oiled or greased frying pan. In the future, if you want thin yogurt pancakes with holes, grease the pan with oil each time and bake them over medium heat, and you will get delicate pancakes.
We grease the pan with a cooking brush
- Pour a ladle of dough into a pancake pan or a pan with a thick bottom (for example, cast iron), turning the pan so that the pancake dough spreads over the entire surface of the pan. It is not very convenient to do this with a cast-iron pan, because it is heavy. But the pancakes on it are perfect!
Pour a ladle of dough into a heated greased pan and spread the dough along the bottom
- Since there is a lot of dough, you can bake pancakes at the same time in several pans. Fry the pancake on each side for 30-40 seconds. As soon as the dough has lost its sheen of liquid and is covered with bubbles, turn the pancake over to the other side.
Fry pancakes in several pans, if possible, 30-40 seconds on each side
- On the other side of the roast, it may take less time. Remove the pancakes from the pan and stack them one by one. You can grease them with melted butter or cover them with a lid so that they are steamed without greasing anything.
Pile the pancakes in a pile and fry the next. It took me 40 minutes on two pans
- Almost 50 pieces came out of the indicated amount of ingredients! Thin, elastic, with slightly crispy edges and a soft, fragrant center.
50 pieces of pancakes were obtained from the indicated number of products
- We prepared a familiar recipe for pancakes on yogurt. Thin and elastic pancakes are delicious both warm and cold. If you have baked a large amount, you can reheat them later in the microwave and the pancakes will be as freshly baked! Serve with honey, it's incredibly delicious!
Serve with honey, it's incredibly delicious!
The benefits of the dish
Due to the content of a large amount of carbohydrates and fats, yogurt pancakes with holes energize us for the whole day, fill us with strength and improve our mood. Pancakes can contain up to 20% of the daily value of vitamins and minerals. But it is better not to get carried away with these delicious pastries for overweight people because of their high calorie content, I recommend eating pancakes in the morning.