Thinly sliced fried potatoes are the main highlight of the salad called Capercaillie's Nest. It will serve not only as a bright decoration, but also will give the dish an interesting flavor. Capercaillie's Nest Salad contains a classic set of products that is typical for many recipes. This combination, proven over the years, will be enjoyed by guests at a festive celebration, and the appearance of the appetizer will surprise and be remembered by all its tasters for a long time.
History of the dish
Such an unusual salad under the intriguing name "Capercaillie's Nest", the recipe of which with step-by-step photos is presented on the Hozoboz website, is simply obliged to have an extraordinary history of origin. According to some reports, today's Capercaillie's Nest salad, which is prepared with chicken, previously included a slightly different meat component - capercaillie game. This forest bird was distributed throughout Russia a couple of centuries ago and was a popular object of hunting.
It is not surprising that experienced chefs were able to find a worthy use for it, creating an amazingly tasty and outwardly attractive salad, which was named after its main ingredient - Capercaillie's Nest. According to another version, the recipe for this dish was invented much later - at the end of the 20th century. One of the Moscow legends indicates that this dish has a unique musical history and is named after the club of musicians - bards of the same name.
- Chicken fillet - 360 g,
- Potato - 280 g,
- Quail egg - 4 pcs.,
- Chicken eggs - 4 pcs.,
- Cucumbers - 220 g,
- Onion - 120 g,
- Hard cheese - 120 g,
- Processed cheese - 70 g,
- Dill - a bunch,
- Vegetable oil - 260 ml,
- Mayonnaise - 180 g,
- Sugar - 5 g,
- Vinegar - 32 ml,
- Pour water into the pan, heat it up. We wash the chicken fillet. We put in warm water (thus, meat juices will not go into the broth). Cook for about 40 minutes until "photo 1" is ready.
Dip the chicken fillet washed under running water into boiling water and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Cook eggs: chicken - 10 minutes, quail - 5.
Let's boil the eggs. For chicken eggs, the cooking time is 10 minutes, for quail eggs - 5 minutes.
- Cut the onion into half rings.
Onions should be peeled and chopped.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into strips as thin as possible.
Potato tubers must be peeled and cut into very thin strips.
- In a deep fryer, slow cooker or deep frying pan, fry the potatoes in small portions in a large amount of hot oil.
Fry potatoes in vegetable oil in a deep fryer or deep frying pan.
- Put the fried potatoes on paper, let the oil drain, salt.
Put the finished potato straws on paper towels to get rid of excess fat.
- Place the onion in a bowl. Fill it with vinegar, 90 ml of water. Pour sugar, 6 g of salt. We leave to marinate.
Marinate the onions: place the onion rings in a bowl and pour over the mixture of water, vinegar, salt and sugar.
- My dill, let it dry, grind.
Cut the dill.
- We rub chicken eggs and hard cheese into two different containers.
Chilled chicken eggs and hard cheese must be grated into different plates.
- Chicken fillet, cucumbers cut into bars.
Cut the chicken and cucumbers into strips.
- On a large round dish, lay out the pickled onion.
Put a layer of pickled onions on a salad dish.
- We form a layer of chicken.
Place a layer of chopped chicken fillet on top.
- Lubricate with mayonnaise, lay out the cucumbers.
Lubricate the salad with mayonnaise and place a layer of cucumbers on top.
- We make a thin mesh of mayonnaise, place the eggs.
We make a decorative decoration in the form of a mesh on top and sprinkle the salad with grated eggs.
- We smear with mayonnaise, sprinkle with cheese. We make a round recess in the middle.
Again smear everything with mayonnaise, sprinkle with grated cheese and form a depression in the salad.
- Place a little mayonnaise on top of the entire dish. We put dill in the recess, leaving a small amount for the stuffed eggs.
Lubricate the recess with mayonnaise and pour all the greens into it except for 1 tsp.
- Decorate the sides of the salad with french fries.
Decorate the salad in the form of a nest using potato straws.
- We clean the quail eggs, cut them in half.
Peeled quail eggs must be cut lengthwise.
- We take out the yolks. Grind them with the remaining dill, a pinch of salt.
Take out the yolks and grind them in a separate bowl with herbs and salt.
- Three processed cheese.
Rub melted cheese.
- Add processed cheese, mayonnaise to the yolks. Mix.
Add the grated cheese to the minced meat for quail eggs and mix everything thoroughly.
- Fill the whites of quail eggs with the resulting mixture.
Fill the whites with minced meat from yolks, herbs and cheese.
- We spread them on a dill pillow.
Now put the original stuffed quail eggs on the greens over the salad.
- The salad is ready.
That's all ready - it's time for the table!
Wood grouse nest is a delicious salad that can be easily prepared from simple, affordable products, laying them out in layers or mixing the main ingredients, and then forming a nest from the resulting mixture and decorating with potatoes and quail eggs.
The benefits of the dish
A large number of eggs in this dish enriches it with protein. The calcium in the cheese will strengthen the bone tissue. If you replace the fried potatoes with another ingredient, this salad will be less greasy. So, to make the dish more dietary, instead of potatoes, thin strips of boiled carrots or parsley sprigs are taken for decoration, and mayonnaise is replaced with sour cream.