History of the dish
Garlic has many useful properties and is present in many dishes of different nations. It is not surprising that garlic began to be eaten for cooking first courses. In addition to adding extra flavor and aroma to dishes, garlic can be the main ingredient in a dish, such as in garlic soup. Europeans are very fond of this soup and often cook it.
Delicious and fragrant garlic soup gained popularity in the Czech Republic, from which it got its name - Czech garlic soup (Česnečka). It will help improve health, alleviate the condition of a person with a hangover, and everyone will surely like it. The true taste of this dish can be tasted in the amazing establishments of Prague, where it is served with Olomouc cheese or fried cheese and beer.
Garlic soup is also found in cookbooks in Spain, where in many regions it is customary to cook a spicy version of the soup with crispy croutons. Portuguese garlic soup has its origins in Portuguese bread soups and stews. In France, they also love this soup, where it is customary to add tender cream to it. The French added their own flavor by making garlic soup in their usual grated form. You can not grind the soup into a puree, but leave it in its original form.
- Potatoes - 3 medium pieces
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Bulb onion - 1 piece, carrot - 1 piece. and stalks of greens for broth
- Bay leaf - 1 pc. and allspice - 3 peas for broth
- Milk - 100 ml
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Egg yolks - 2 pieces
- Vegetable oil
- Bulb onion - 1 piece
- Greens (parsley)
- Pepper (ground white or a mixture of 5 types of pepper)
- Baton or white bread for croutons
- Cream - optional
- First, let's prepare the vegetable broth. To do this, we clean one onion, carrots and cut off the stems of greens. Rinse everything thoroughly, cut the onion and carrot into two halves.
For vegetable broth, peel and cut carrots, onions and green stalks.
- Pour water into the pan and place the prepared vegetables. Also add a bay leaf and 3 peas of allspice. Put on fire and cook for 20 minutes after the broth boils.
Place all prepared vegetables in a pot of water, add allspice and bay leaf and cook in boiling water over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, salt the broth, remove the vegetables, because they have already given up all their useful properties and will no longer be needed.
Already when the broth is cooked, it should be salted.
- Now let's prepare the garlic for the soup. Remove the top layer of skin.
Peel the garlic from the top husk.
- Pour boiling water over unpeeled garlic cloves and boil a little. After two minutes, remove from heat, cool, completely peel off the husk. The main thing is not to digest the garlic!
Now put the teeth in a dense shell in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Then remove the pan from the heat, cool the contents and peel the garlic completely.
- Then finely chop the garlic and fry in vegetable oil with pepper until light ruddy.
The time has come to fry the garlic in vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Prepare vegetables for soup. Peel the onion, cut into half rings.
For the soup itself, we clean and cut the onion into halves of the rings.
- Put the onion in a saucepan with a thick bottom, adding butter and vegetable oil first.
Transfer the fried onion to a saucepan with the already melted mixture of vegetable and butter.
- Fry the onion until soft, salt and pepper.
In this oil mixture, the onion should be fried until it becomes soft.
- Wash the potatoes, peel them, wash them again and cut them into small cubes.
Potato tubers should be peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the fried onions.
Combine onions and potatoes in a saucepan.
- Add the broth and cook the soup to a boil, then boil the soup for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft, salt and pepper to taste.
Add the broth to the fried vegetables and cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. At the end of this stage, salt and season the soup.
- Place the fried garlic in the soup and mix.
Lay the fried garlic.
- Add the beaten yolk to the milk, mix thoroughly and add everything to the total mass.
Now we introduce a little egg yolk and milk, not forgetting to stir the soup all the time.
- Now let's make garlic soup puree. Using a stick chopper from a blender, mix the soup directly in the pan to get the consistency of mashed potatoes. Put the soup on the fire and add cream if desired. Stirring constantly, add salt and pepper to taste. When the soup warms up a little, immediately turn off the heat.
Using a blender, transform the soup into a puree, and then put it back on the fire and, if desired, add cream, as well as the necessary seasonings.
- Wash parsley thoroughly, cut and add to each serving.
Cut the parsley into smaller pieces and sprinkle the soup already poured on the plates with it.
- Prepare garlic croutons for soup. Cut the banana into small cubes. Crush one clove of garlic in a heated frying pan with vegetable oil. Then we remove the garlic, and put the sliced bread. Let's fry it until browned.
For croutons, dice the loaf pieces, and then fry them in vegetable oil immediately after the garlic cloves. Note that the garlic must be removed from the pan before adding the bread.
- Garlic puree soup, the recipe of which you already know, is served with croutons and chopped herbs, sometimes with cheese. An interesting serving option is soup puree in bread. You can invite guests and enjoy this wonderful dish!
This soup is usually served with fresh herbs and croutons, but sometimes it is also sprinkled with cheese. Do as you like and enjoy the extraordinary taste and aroma.
You can cook garlic soup on chicken broth, which is indispensable for colds. Then the healing effect will be higher. There are several options for preparing garlic soup: they cook it with smoked meats and meat, there are also lean options, sometimes cheese is added. Serving garlic soup in bread bowls is customary not only in the Czech Republic itself, it gives a special look to the dish in any region.
The benefits of the dish
The benefits of garlic soup have been tested and proven, because its basis is garlic - a healer for many misfortunes and colds. Garlic soup is able to stop viruses thanks to allicin, one of its chemical constituents. Garlic soup, the recipe of which you now know, is able to counteract pathogenic bacteria better than popular antibiotics. In addition, garlic helps lower cholesterol levels and prevents blood clots.
HozOboz hopes that "garlic" will help you cope with colds. Now you do not need to travel to Prague to improve your health and treat yourself to such a wonderful dish! Be healthy and bon appetit!