History of the dish
Cottage cheese Easter is traditionally prepared in the form of a pyramid with a truncated sharp end, symbolizing Golgotha, on which Jesus of Nazareth climbed with a heavy cross, or the tomb in which Jesus was resurrected. Therefore, on the sides of the cottage cheese pyramid, the letters “ХВ” are placed, meaning the Christian greeting “Christ is Risen!”, As well as a cross, a spear or flowers, symbolizing the flowering of life after the resurrection of the Lord.
Cottage cheese Easter was originally prepared from sour milk. In the 18th century, this dish acquired another basis - cottage cheese. Later, other ingredients were added to it: butter, sugar, sour cream or cream, eggs. Particularly rich people could afford to add delicacies brought to Easter - vanillin, nuts, candied fruits, dried fruits, zest. Chocolate curd Easter includes such an original and tasty component as chocolate or cocoa powder.
- Butter - 50 g
- Sugar - 50 g
- Cream 15% - 200 ml
- Curd - 300 g
- Chocolate black - 100 g
- Let's prepare all the ingredients for preparing such an interesting and festive dish as chocolate Easter. The recipe contains very few ingredients, I would need twice as many ingredients to fill out the entire form, so calculate the amount based on the size of your form.
Let's start with the preparation of the ingredients necessary for the Easter cake
- Pour the cream into a saucepan with a thick bottom or into a bowl in a water bath. Cream can be taken even fatter than 15%, since for this dish the best and fatty foods are taken - cream, cottage cheese, butter. Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to the cream. We put the pot on the fire.
Pour the cream into a saucepan with a thick bottom or place it in a water bath and start heating, and then add the chocolate broken into pieces into the saucepan
- Without bringing the cream to a boil, heat until the chocolate is completely dissolved. The mass will become a beautiful brown color. Set the saucepan aside to cool.
Chocolate should be dissolved in warm cream, but not brought to a boil, and then left to cool
- We continue to prepare the basis of our dish - Easter chocolate curd. Recipes suggest grinding the cottage cheese through a sieve or even cheesecloth, but if you, like me, use a blender to cook, then it’s not necessary to complicate your life at all. Place cottage cheese, sugar and diced warm butter in a deep bowl.
Now let's deal with cottage cheese: it must be rubbed through a sieve or simply mashed with a blender. Mix the finished cottage cheese with warm butter and sugar and send to a bowl
- With an immersion blender, grind all the ingredients until smooth. The mass will be viscous, homogeneous and snow-white.
It is now that all the products must be ground with a blender to a viscosity
- Pour the contents of the saucepan with the cooled chocolate mass into a bowl with cottage cheese, sugar and butter.
Now combine the mashed cottage cheese with warm cream
- Mix all the ingredients with a blender until smooth. The mass will be light brown, viscous and airy, with a crazy chocolate aroma.
Once again, mix everything with a blender
- We assemble our constructor form by snapping the protrusions into the grooves. Such a mold is now sold in any market or large supermarket, although some people use real wooden molds for chocolate Easter. The photo shows that the form must be set with a truncated narrow end down and covered with gauze so that the fabric absorbs all excess moisture. We shift the contents of the bowl into the form.
We prepare the form for Easter and close the grooves well, set it on the narrow end and cover it with gauze, which will be responsible for removing excess moisture
- As you can see, my form is not completely filled out, this requires more ingredients. We lay gauze on top and set a small load - a jar or cup of water. We place the form with cottage cheese Easter in the refrigerator for 10 - 12 hours.
Fill the form with minced curd, close the gauze and put the load in the form of a jar of water. In this form, Easter should be placed in the refrigerator for 10 hours.
- After some time, liquid will begin to form at the bottom of the bowl. We pour it out periodically.
Liquid will form on the surface of the mold from time to time, which must be drained periodically
- The night has passed, and we take out the form from the refrigerator. He carefully releases the finished product from the detachable form, trying not to damage the Easter drawings on the walls of the pyramid.
After the allotted time, Easter should be removed from the refrigerator and the form removed without damaging the pattern
- We decorate Easter cottage cheese to your liking. For decoration, you can use nuts, hot chocolate, confectionery powder, sprigs of mint or basil. The more beautiful, the better. There is only one rule - the main dishes on the table should be Easter cake, krashenki and chocolate Easter. Recipes with photos on the Internet will tell you how else you can decorate your pyramid.
You can decorate the cottage cheese cake as you like, to your liking. Bon appetit and Happy Easter to you
The benefits of the dish
The benefits for those who fasted are undeniable - the elements phosphorus and calcium contained in cottage cheese, theobromine and caffeine contained in chocolate, as well as amino acids and vitamins give a boost of energy and strength to an organism depleted by diet. Well, the ancient Slavs believed that Easter protects from the evil eye, drives away evil spirits and attracts good luck to the house, so they always carried a piece of delicacy with them. Cottage cheese chocolate Easter helps to meet the bright holiday of Easter full of energy and joy. Such a seemingly simple dish will make the mood of your guests and family sunny in any weather.