Some historical facts on carrot pie
Unlike many other dessert dishes simple carrot cake recipe have no long roots or history. It was neither the result of chef’s fault or prepared to the court of His Majesty, or had the title of the national heritage. At the same time, it’s prepared in almost all countries rather similarly, even despite the fact that there are a great number of them. Initially, the only known fact about carrot cake was its birthplace — Norway. There it has always been considered an excellent ingredient not only for soups and salads, but also for bakery and pastry.
During the Second World War, carrot cake became incredibly popular in the UK. And then, about 60 years after delicious carrot cake ''crossed" the ocean and settled in the United States. Therefore, it’s no surprise that today many people think that's where it came up with! Now, the great amount of people love carrot pie but do they know if it’s healthy?
Health benefits of consuming carrot pie
Firstly, food composition defines the heathy features of any dish. Here we have some basic products like eggs, vegetable oil, flour and sugar and everybody knows their features. Moreover, the dish contains some exotic ingredients like carrot and ginger. And here we give you some reference points. Carrot plays several important and necessary roles here as it gives the color, sweetness and taste to the cake, and also supplies it with vitamins and microelements. Everyone knows that the carrot that undergo heat treatment, especially by baking, is much healthier than the raw vegetable.
And that's why by eating cake we probably get a lot of carotene and vitamin A. Furthermore, baked carrots is very beneficial for the intestines, liver and hair. Now, the ginger. In fact, dried ginger it has a strong anti-inflammatory and healing properties since only dried one does not subject to the heat treatment. Besides, you’ll get the cake with a wonderful taste and aroma. So do not waste your time and cook carrot cake according to the best recipe from our website. It's time to move on to the preparation and here we have carrot pie recipe with pictures that is surprisingly tasty yet will not take much time and effort.
- 2 average carrots
- 200 grams of sugar
- 6 oz. of vegetable oil
- 150 grams of nuts (walnut or almond)
- 200 grams of flour
- 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2/3 teaspoon of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon of dried ginger
- 150 grams of sugar powder
- 125 grams of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- few drops of vanilla oil or essence
- ground nuts and lemon zest for decoration
How to cook a carrot cake
- Firstly, prepare all the ingredients;
First of all, have all the ingredients prepared.
- Rub carrot on a course grater;
Now, rub carrot.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bowl;
The first ingredient will be the vegetable oil.
- Now, add some sugar powder to the vegetable oil;
Sugar goes to the bowl with oil.
- Then mix sugar and vegetable oil thoroughly;
Vegetable oil and sugar should be mixed.
- Add the eggs;
Break the chicken eggs into the bowl.
- The whip all the ingredients in the bowl with blender until sugar powder dissolve;
Mix all the contents until sugar powder dissolves.
- Now, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt;
Add some salt to the dough.
- Now soda goes in;
Pour the soda inside.
- It’s time to add the baking powder;
Then add the needed amount of baking powder.
- For cake to have a special aroma, add 3 teaspoons of natural ground cinnamon;
Now add fragrant found cinnamon.
- And don’t forget to add some dried ginger;
Now the special ingredient of the cake - dried ginger.
- Mix everything once more;
Use mixer to whip all the ingredients.
- Place the peeled nuts onto the towel;
To crush the nuts, wrap them into the cloth.
- Now crush the nuts with a meat hammer;
You may use rollin pin to crush the nuts.
- Crush the nuts until it gets the same appearance as on the photo;
Make the nuts look like on the picture.
- Add the crushed nuts to the dough;
Crushed nuts goes into the bowl with dough.
- Now add the shredded carrots to the dough;
Shredded carrots go into the bowl.
- Pour 200 grams of flour in the bowl;
Add flour to the dough.
- Afterwards, mix all the ingredients one more time;
Mix the dough one more using a spoon.
- Butter the baking dish and sprinkle it with flour;
Don’t forget to great the baking dish with butter and sprinkle it with flour.
- Place the dough into the baking dish;
Pour the dough into the baking dish.
- Put the cake into the preheat oven and bake it for 30-45 minutes (depending on the thickness of your cake) at 360F;
Bake the cake for 30-45 minutes depending on the thickness of the dish.
- Check the if the cake is baked using a match or a toothpick;
The toothpick should be dry after being inserted into the dough.
- Keep it in the baking dish for 20 more minutes, then place it onto the lattice until it gets completely cool;
Put the cake out of the baking dish 20 minutes after its removal from the oven and give it a chill.
- To make a cream, have some sugar powder;
Now, get some sugar powder to make a cream.
- Now add the cream cheese to the sugar;
Then add some cream cheese.
- Whip the cream using a fork;
Mix the sugar and cheese using a fork.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon juice;
Press out some lemon juice.
- Crush some more nuts;
Crush the nuts, half of which is for the dressing, and a half - for the cream.
- Add some nuts to the cream;
Half of nuts goes in the cream.
- Give the cream a few drops of vanilla oil or a tiny bit of essence, then whip everything; (picture 32)
Add vanilla oil to the cream and mix.
- Grease the surface of the chilled cake with cream;
You should grease the cake when it’s completely cool.
- Now, decorate the cake with natural lemon zest;
You may use lemon zest for decoration.
- After all, sprinkle with crushed nuts;
In the end, add some crushed nuts.
- Your carrot pie is ready to be served!
Everything is ready now. Bon Appetite!
Can you see now how easily you can please yourself with such a yummy and healthy desert? Furthermore, our cake is very affordable and so simple! So have no doubts to cook it by yourself! Your friend and food advisor, HozOboz.