History of the dish
Today we are dealing with a jellied pie, of which, in theory, there are two main types. The first is pies based on batter, the second is a pie with a dense base of shortbread or curd dough filled with sour cream or butter cream. Today we will talk about the last one and try to cook a cottage cheese and berry pie. Unlike batter pies where everything is prepared in minutes and does not require any manual work at all, our open berry pie will make you work a little.
We will chop nuts, grind cottage cheese, cut frozen butter and mix all the components that will be required additionally, and anyway, compared to the usual shortbread berry pie, this option seems to us a little lighter and very soon you will be able to verify this. As for the filling, in addition to the berries, it also involves a special butter cream, and for the sake of justice, it should be noted that the sour cream and berry pie will not be worse than its cream counterpart. It's all a matter of taste here.
- Flour - 160 g
- Butter - 100 g
- Cottage cheese with a fat content of 9% - 100 g
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Ground walnuts - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - on the tip of a knife
- Cream with a fat content of 33% - 250 ml
- Sugar - about 70 g
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Egg yolks - 2 pcs.
- Vanilla - on the tip of a knife
- Berries - 300 g
How to make an open berry pie:
- First of all, let's prepare the ingredients;
Let's start with the preparation of the necessary products
- Place the peeled nuts in the blender bowl;
Pour the nuts into a bowl for grinding
- Using a blender, grind the nuts into pieces;
Grind the nuts, but not into flour, but into pieces as in the photo
- To prepare the dough for the berry pie, sift the flour into a bowl;
Sift flour into a bowl for dough
- Add 100 g of cottage cheese;
We spread cottage cheese in flour
- Pour out the pieces of nuts;
We introduce chopped nuts
- Now cut the chilled butter into pieces;
Cut the chilled butter into pieces into the dough
- Mix the pieces of butter with the rest of the products in a bowl;
Mix the food in a bowl
- Add an egg;
Break the egg into the dough
- Pour powdered sugar into the dough;
Sweeten the dough with powdered sugar
- And now manually knead the soft elastic dough;
Combine all products and knead soft dough
- Wrap the dough in cling film and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes;
We hide the finished dough in cling film and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- For the filling in the blender bowl, combine the eggs with the yolks;
To prepare the filling for the pie in a deep bowl, combine the egg and yolks
- Add sugar to the eggs;
Add granulated sugar
- We introduce a little vanilla;
- Pour 250 ml of cream;
Pour in heavy cream
- Whisk everything well;
Now the pouring cream must be beaten well
- In the meantime, the dough has cooled and we will roll it out through parchment cut to the size of the baking dish;
To roll out the dough, it is better to use parchment cut out according to the diameter of the form you use for baking
- If the dough still sticks, roll it immediately through 2 pieces of parchment;
To ensure that the dough does not stick, you can roll it out between two sheets of parchment
- After the cake is ideal in thickness and diameter, remove one of the pieces of parchment, place the dough in the form with paper down and form the sides of the cake;
Remove one sheet of parchment from the rolled out cake, cover the dough in the form with parchment down and make the edge of the pie
- Now we prick the cake with a fork through each centimeter;
So that the cake does not bubble during baking, we prick it every centimeter with a fork
- Pour cream into the dough;
Pour the buttercream into the base of the pie
- This is how the blank for the pie should look like;
Before adding the berries, the cake should look like this
- We place the berries from the center to the edge of the pie so that the cream does not rise above the sides;
We put the berries and make sure that the filling does not rise above the sides of the pie
- Bake the cake at a temperature of 180 degrees for about 40 minutes;
Bake the cake for about 40 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. If necessary, in the process it can be covered with parchment so that it does not burn.
- The finished cake should be removed from the oven and left in the form until completely cooled;
We take out the baked pie from the oven and leave to cool
- As soon as the dessert has cooled down, take it out of the mold;
Remove the cooled cake from the mold
- It remains only to cut and serve the berry pie for tea.
Well, that's all that's left, just cut into portions and call everyone to the table. Bon appetit everyone!
The benefits of the dish
In principle, it is difficult to talk about the benefits of a shortcrust pastry pie, but we will try and first turn to the berry and cream filling itself. Berries, no matter which ones you choose, will certainly replenish the supply of vitamins and microelements necessary for your body. At the same time, cream, like other dairy products, is rich in calcium useful for bones and lecithin, which is necessary for blood vessels. Among other things, the combination of berries and cream is especially welcome because heavy cream contributes to the absorption of vitamins and trace elements from berries. All this, of course, does not reduce the calorie content of the berry pie with nuts and butter, even if it is cooked in a slow cooker, but it significantly increases its importance in our diet. And now we immediately proceed and here is our berry pie and its recipe with a photo.
So simply and quickly, without unnecessary noise and dust, we prepared an excellent dessert - a berry pie with cream filling. We hope that this delicacy will be to the taste of all members of your family and may become a signature treat. And if they already exist and are successfully practiced, we are waiting for your letters and recipes. Your friend and helper HozOboz!